Our 5 Top Tips for having a great, stress-free day
The running of the day
- Ask all suppliers how long each need to do their job
- Be flexible
- Build in a contingency to the days timings
- Allow times for guest movement if needed during room changes
- Just be aware that things may well run over, so don’t worry if you aren’t running on time – It happens, in fact it very rarely doesn’t happen!
Be Prepared – Beforehand
- Try to get an early night the night before so you wake up refreshed
- Is there a list for the groom’s morning plans? Bridesmaids are notoriously more helpful than groomsmen and so things can get forgotten
- Make sure you break your wedding shoes in – bride and groom!!
- Hand over as many tasks as you can (or feel comfortable with) to members of the bridal party, delegation is key!
Be Prepared – The Morning
- If you can eat on the morning of the big day, then try to opt for high protein and complex carbs, they will give you fuel for the day – Even if you can’t eat, chances are your bridal party will be grateful for the nourishment!
- When you have your hair and make-up done – wear a dress shirt or dressing gown. You won’t be happy if you mess up your perfect hair or make-up having to pull a top over your head
- Go easy on the perfume – it can make you feel queasy if you’re already feeling the nerves
During the Day itself
- Leave your phone behind
- You don’t want to be passing out walking down the aisle so have a little stretch first to get the blood flowing
- Don’t forget your flats for later on!
- Have a person to save you from over chatty guests if you think you may need it
- Think of some favourite songs or ‘avoid’ songs and supply to your Singer/Band/ DJ
- Don’t forget to dance – let loose
- Don’t stress the wedding night – if it doesn’t happen it’s no big deal – there’s plenty of time for fireworks afterwards
Remember why you are there
- Take some time to have a moment with each of your parents
- Take some time to meet up and say “Hi” to each other
- And finally, take a few minutes at select times throughout the day to take it all in. Look around your guests, take a deep breathe, remember it!